If you’re keen to get a new leisure pastime, enjoy the company of a relaxed Club that has Tennis, Squash and Bowls members mixing together, cooking up fun games of bowls (the Tennis and Squash players reckon they can bowl okay!) and the same sort of ‘mix it up’ social sessions of Bowls that the Bowling players organise.
If you want an all-round great environment for Lawn Bowls we’ve got it – and we’d love to have you share it!
Pre-Membership ‘Please Keep me Informed’ List:-
Add me to your list of interested memberships –Thank you.
Bridgend Lawn Bowling Club – opportunities for all keen bowlers (beginners included) coming in 2021:
Lawn Bowling in beautiful surroundings – peaceful, accessible and great value for money! Membership for the bowling season is just £62.50.
CHECK MEMBERSHIP DETAILS - RENEWALS AND NEW MEMBER APPLICATION HERE!
At Bridgend Bowls Club you couldn’t find a better setting, a full range of facilities including the indoor lounge, relaxing resting area outside and amenities with showers if your bowling day has left you needing a freshen-up!
Now is the time to get thinking about your leisure time, and the really good news is the physical and mental health benefits that come from playing bowls:
‘Staying physically active also reduces the risk of other health conditions like high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes, which are known risk factors for dementia.’ (Source: Alzheimers Research Organisation UK)
How about giving lawn bowls a try – it’s not that difficult, but if you think it might be a bit of a task to try something you’ve not done before, we can help to guide you into a leisure and ‘sporting’ pastime, you’ll really enjoy.
Bridgend Bowls Welcome New Members who are keen to learn the game:
- Complimentary coaching assistance for new members who want to get started, ladies and gents, juniors, all ages welcome.
- Open Bowling Sessions – no fee, free cup of tea and a feel for our club and the game of Lawn Bowls.
- Let us know straight away if you’re interested, we’ll give you a call.
- You can come and meet the team members who will show you around, explain the general way a bowls game works, and more importantly – they’ll give you a roll of the ball (or as many rolls as you want) and you’ll be pretty pleased with how you do.
LADIES! LADIES! A Great Opportunity to Join and Create a Ladies Bowls Section.
- We want to introduce a ladies Bowling Team – age is not important, if you’ve played before, great! We’ll need a Captain for the team, if you’re a current Captain, or current player that wants to step up, let us know.
Maybe you fancy a change of scenery, would like to put yourself forward to step into the Captains shoes and help develop the new Bridgend Ladies Bowling Team...
Men - Experienced and Beginner Bowls Players Welcome.
Guys – we want to expand our playing memberships, and focus on a wider spread of competitions.
We’d like to enroll in the Saturday competitions although there is room a plenty for the weekday comps as well. Come and have a look at what we can offer, meet some of the bowlers and have a few ends to check them out!